- To meet people who share your interests
- To share a special skill or talent
- To learn about your community and it's history
- To try something you have never done before
- To gain experience, build skills, increase your knowledge
- For the great feeling of knowing you have helped
- To escape from the problems of the day
- To be appreciated
- For the flexibility of working at our museums or from home
- To make a difference
Who Are Our Volunteers?
Students, Scouts, Community Members - all ages, many interests, diverse talents.
What Projects and Activities are Available?
Our organization is in a period of rapid change and we are enthusiastically preparing for the 300th Anniversary of Trappe.
Here is a partial list of projects volunteers might want to become involved with:
- Oral History Project - Preserve the memories of long time residents on video
- Transcribe hand written documents like the Vanderslice Journal
- Sew period costumes for our events (and maybe even wear them.....)
- Plan Events
- Contribute content to this website - Historic Structures, Local History
- Give Tours of our museums
- Create a timeline of local history
- Digitize Documents
- Photograph Artifacts
- Sew Curtains
- Teach Classes
- Develop self guided cell phone audio tours
- Locate (online, other historical societies, friends, family) historic photos of our area and digitize them so they can be enjoyed on this website.
- Work in our period vegetable garden behind the Muhlenberg House.
- Create informative signs for exhibits
The list goes on.....if you have some time to share, we have a project for you !!!
Do you need to know about History to Volunteer?
Absolutely not....but it helps if you find it interesting.
How do I begin?
Give us a call 610-489-7560 or send us an email info@TrappeHistoricalSociety.org